Studio 1289 was conceived to address the lack of VIP studio facilities in Los Angeles. We recognize the importance of having a private outdoor shooting location paired with efficient studio space. Often times subjects favor a private place to work over a busy and crowded multi-studio facility; a place where the members of his or her team have ample space to relax while the shooting takes place but still be unobtrusively on-hand when needed.
Previously, Studio 1289 was only available on an invitation basis. Now we open our doors to accommodate you and your upcoming projects! Our facility is two blocks from Beverly Hills in the Sunset Strip area of West Hollywood; close to everything essential yet a world away. We have a convenient loading area in the back and a private parking lot right down the street for your entire crew.
Contact us for a tour today!
We have individual rental packages for:
– Still Photography Shoots
– Video Shoots (still shoots with video components)
– Film Shoots (commercials, film, tv)
– Events (weddings, parties, etc)
Please contact us for complete details and rates!
The Studio is rented out by the day (10 hours) which includes the studio and outdoor deck space. The entire facility is also available to book for photography, including the gardens, decks and pool area. Please contact us for rates. Each shooting day consists of 9 production hours and 1 hour grace period. Shoots that go past 10 hours will be billed additional rates by the hour.
By special arrangement with Samy’s Camera, we are able to offer equipment rentals which will be conveniently delivered to the studio and picked up for you at no additional charge. Please inquire with a complete list of rental gear required at least 48 hours in advance of your booking. Rentals need to be paid in full upon reservation.
A certificate of insurance is required for each day of shooting.
Payment is due in full 36 hours before scheduled shoot or event. We accept all major credit cards and checks.
SPECS + DETAILS
– 24’ x 45’ shooting space
– 150 sq. foot pyramid skylight
– Floor to ceiling white walls
– 6% grey floors (to avoid “snow light” effect)
– 400 amps of power available (6 separate circuits)
– Complete grip kit available
Make-up / Production Room:
– 700 sq. foot
– 4 makeup stations
– Changing area with 3-way full length mirror
– Computer stations equipped with CS4
– WiFi throughout the premise (including wireless printing and faxing)
– Furnished lounge area with television
– Powerful sound system with iPod hookup
– Professional steamer, iron and ironing board
– Clothing rack and hangers
Outdoor Shooting Space:
– 40’ x 16‘ shooting space
– One blue wall, one white wall
– Plaster walls (receives indirect and bounced
daylight from white building)
Garden, Deck and Pool Area:
– 44’ x 18’ swimming pool
– Moroccan seating deck with dome and fire pit
– Hidden power outlets throughout
– Two large gardens (Fountain and Asian)
– Nineteenth-Century Chinese opium bed
Kitchen / Dining Area:
– Fully furnished kitchen with stove, microwave
– Coffee and Espresso Machines
– Large dining table that can seat up to 10
– Outdoor seating on deck
– (4) C stands and arms
– (2) Hi-Risers
– (2) Medium Risers
– Cross bars
– Wheel Cart
– Foam Core (as is)
– Posing stool
– Rolling ladder
– Stationary ladder
– (2) 5-K tungsten lamps with Fresnel lenses ($100 per day per lamp)